Sunday, January 22

ALL GOOD THINGS

SUNDAY 6:30 AM: There is a company meeting at 8:00 am. The Regional Manager will preside. It's 6:30 a.m. and I'm awake.

I do not feel heavy or slow or shaky. My heart is not pounding. I am not dehydrated. My head is clear. My eyes are not bloodshot and watery. My face bears no sign of heavy drinking. I do not reek of alcohol. I am not replaying any tapes from last night, trying to remember what I might have said or done that I regret. I do not have to go back and open my chat transcripts to see what stupid, drunk-induced things I might have said to hurt and alienate a friend.

I do not hear that screaming voice of condemnation. I am not burdened with shame or guilt.

There is time to record this, enjoy a cup of coffee, and watch the sun rise.

These are All Good Things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home